Code: CA2295

FAL160 Wrecks Part 3 £0.31 Stamp: Stamp mint

  • in stock
Quantity - +
Add to basket

31p Lily

Possibly built in the early 1870s, Lily arrived in 1886 onboard the Selembria as one of a pair of raft boats. The other was later converted into the Saxon. Bob Cull converted the Lily into a cutter for the Duncan family on Beaver Island. During the 1970’s she was owned by the Falkland Islands’ Government dentist, Robert Watson, who sailed her to West Falkland one winter to tend the dental needs of the residents of West Falkland. Onboard Lily was the famous Dentist’s Chair which is now on display in the Stanley Museum. The current owner, Zachary Stephenson, was the last of many owners to sail her and today, after over a century afloat, she lies beached at the Canache, at the eastern end of Stanley Harbour.

Read More